12/28/15 UPDATE: Thank you to all of the applicants. The Executive Director position has been filled and will be announced shortly.
Are you a dog-lover who is passionate about enhancing the quality of lives through the power of the bond between dogs and humans?
Paws and Think, Inc. is seeking a passionate and mission-driven Executive Director to lead our organization through a period of continued growth. Initially the Executive Director will work part-time, approximately 20 hours per week; however, the organization’s goal is to expand the position to full-time (40 hours per week) in the near future, with a corresponding increase in salary.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works primarily from home with flexible hours. In addition to program management and partnership development, the Executive Director will travel locally and work evenings and weekends to accommodate activities such as monthly Board meetings, volunteer engagement and representing the organization at public events in Central Indiana.
Paws and Think, Inc. is a non-profit organization incorporated in 2001 that is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for the community by using the power of the human-animal bond. Our volunteers and volunteer handler/dog therapy teams work in partnership with Central Indiana schools, libraries, detention centers, youth agencies, humane societies/shelters and more. We are proud to be honored with one of the first Top-Rated Awards of 2015 from GreatNonprofits.org.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support program operations and enable the Executive Director role to become a paid full-time position.
- Increase awareness of the organization through communication to volunteers, program partners, external relations and media.
- Develop and promote new and existing relationships to garner new program and support opportunities.
Leadership & Management:
- Actively engage and energize Paws and Think, Inc. volunteers, board members, committee members, partnering organizations, and supporters.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, Spearhead strategic development and expansion of programs and operations.
- Regularly communicate with the Board of Directors regarding the current status of services being offered and the development of new programs through written reports, attendance at Board meetings, participation in Board activities and contact with individual Board members.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Paws and Think, Inc.’s key volunteers and contract employees.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress of core programs, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Participate in development and management of a realistic budget to sustain core programs and expand operations to include a full-time Executive Director and one or more part time administrative positions.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Minimum 5 years progressive people or program management experience, preferably in nonprofit sector
- Public speaking ability and strong verbal, written and persuasive communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people including, but not limited to, board members, donors and volunteers.
- Strong organizational management skills including coaching staff and/or volunteers, managing and developing high-performance teams, setting and achieving strategic objectives and planning and managing a budget
- Multidisciplinary project management skills and computer proficiency
- Broad based knowledge of nonprofit sector
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel within Central Indiana
Our ideal candidate will be committed to Paws and Think, Inc.’s mission and demonstrate a high level of passion, integrity, positive attitude and self-direction. (S)he will be able to effectively convene a diverse group of stakeholders to create a strategic plan for Paws and Think, Inc. and develop the resources needed to execute it. In addition, the ideal candidate will be effective in fundraising, recognizing new opportunities and developing them into ongoing, sustainable revenue growth.
SALARY & HOW TO APPLY
Annual Salary: $25,000
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send their resumes to: ExecutiveDirectorSearch@nullpawsandthink.org. No phone calls, please.