Culture & Shared Values
We believe that our volunteers, staff, and board of directors must strive to embrace these values in order to create a culture where those whose lives we touch, both human and canine, are enriched. The following are our shared values:
- We conduct our business in a way that is honest, fair, and ethical.
- We are committed to complying with national guidelines, laws, regulations, and policies that pertain to our organization and the services we provide.
- We honor our commitments.
- We are accountable for our actions, successes, and failures.
- We continually scan the industry for best practices and adopt those that we believe will improve our operations.
Good Stewardship & Transparency
- We value the generous contributions of time, talent, treasures provided by our volunteers, partners, stakeholders, and staff, and we strive to use these wisely.
- We ensure that our resources are used efficiently to carry out our mission.
- We realize that our reputation for excellence and good name in the community are assets that we must nurture and protect.
- We believe that financial transparency helps to preserve the trust each donor places in us.
- We believe teamwork leverages our individual strengths.
- We strive to engage our volunteers so they can contribute to our mission and connect with those we serve in a meaningful way.
- We collaborate with our community partners to improve lives – both human and canine.
- We communicate directly with our partners and work together to find solutions.
Caring & Compassion
- We care about people’s needs and treat them with kindness, courtesy, and respect.
- We value diversity in our board, volunteers, staff, and those we serve. We strive to appreciate their life experiences and perspectives, even when they are different from our own.
- We respect the different breeds of our canine partners and encourage them to share their individual gifts to the best of their ability.
- We advocate for the use of positive, rewards-based dog training.
- We believe optimism is what allows us to persist, to be resilient, and to inspire others.
- We choose to have a positive outlook.
- We celebrate and share our successes with the community.
- We aspire to instill hope in everyone we serve.