About Paws & Think
Paws & Think, Inc., is a values-driven 501(c)(3) charitable organization incorporated in October 2001.
- We serve at-risk youths, at-risk canines and children and adults with disabilities/special needs in Central Indiana.
- We are an all-volunteer, community-based organization. We work in partnership with schools, detention centers, youth agencies, humane societies/shelters and more.
- We are committed to research that enhances the benefits of the human-animal connection.
Improving lives through the power of the human-dog connection.
Paws & Think is a non-profit organization focusing on the at-risk community, both human and canine. Our vision creates a community where “every person who would benefit from a dog has the opportunity, and every dog fulfills its potential.”
We do this with two proven methods: one of training and providing therapy animals for both animal assisted activities and animal assisted therapies to youth, seniors and special needs individuals of all ages. The second method is our Youth–Canine Programs that facilitate classes for at-risk youth and teens, helping them to train shelter dogs with positive reinforcement behaviors. The young people learn responsibility, job readiness, anger management, parenting skills, leadership and positive life skills, while at the same time increasing the dog’s chances of adoption because of the basic obedience skills learned. Pride and confidence are found as a result of both aspects of our vision.
Our Programs Serve:
- Youths who are academically or behaviorally challenged; incarcerated; at-risk of suicide; pregnant and single; or lack a positive self-image
- Children and adults with physical, emotional or behavioral disabilities/needs
- Stray, surrendered or neglected dogs at-risk of euthanasia
- The communities in which these groups reside