If you would like more information about becoming a Board member, please send an email describing your interest to email@example.com.
Role of the Board
The Board of Directors for Paws and Think, Inc. is a “Working Board”. Members contribute their “time, talents and treasures” through their support of Board activities and events. Members are encouraged to positively promote the organization within the community to prospective volunteers, clients and donors.
Board of Directors Expectations
- Contribute financially by paying Board dues. (Board members should contribute an amount that they feel is significant for them.)
- Attend Board meetings in person or via conference call. (Board meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 6:30pm.)
- Make a serious commitment to willingly and actively participate in Board work.
- Understand the vision, strategy and shared values of the organization, and be an advocate for the organization.
- Stay informed about Board matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Participate in creation of annual and long-term goals, strategies, and plans for the organization.
- Get to know other Board members and build a working relationship that contributes to effective teamwork.
- Have a working knowledge of the organization and its programming; including attending two sanctioned Paws & Think programs annually. (ex. One Dog Training Class + One Brooke’s Place Therapy Group)
- Participate in fundraising for the organization.
- Participate in board and volunteer recruitment for the organization.
- Participate and/or attend Paws & Think sponsored events.
- Recruit attendees for Paws & Think sponsored events.